Today’s artist on Tumblr feature - Magdalena Kapinos!
Please introduce yourself and your work to the world of Tumblr!
I’m an illustrator, a graphic designer and occasional painter. I live and work in Poland. In my works I often explore the topic of different emotional conditions. I tend to mix polished pieces (mostly semi realistic faces) with flat backrounds and simple lines. I have unconditional love for portraits and it shows.
You really like using bright, vivid colors. Why?
I think it’s a fixation which may fade over time. For instance few years ago I was madly in love with pastel pinks and beiges and it reflected both in my works and wardrobe. Currently I have been experimenting with contrasts, bright, vivid colours, questionable schemes even… But i think it’s beyond conscious choice, they just happen.
In your opinion, what is the most important part of an artwork?
It depends. I would say the start. The moment of inspiration and need for creative activity. Then there’s also idea and execution. But there are so many important factors I can’t really decide. I haven’t found the key point yet.
What are some of the things which inspire you the most? Are there any artists you like?
Internet is hell of an inspiration! Working through the never ending stream of new artworks/projects is a great way to start your day [apart from a mandatory cup of coffee of course].
As for fav artists I think Derek Overfield is amazing. Love his constant dialogue between line and human body.
Apart from illustration you also create some design projects. What do you find appealing about design or/and illustration?
Both illustration and design are fun! I think working within different areas of art helps in many ways. One can apply experience gained for example in painting and translate it to poster design. Back and forth.
The thing is illustration gives me more freedom, I do it to express myself whereas design projects are usually commissioned and I have very strict brief to follow. Not that I’m complaining though! It’s just totally different way of working. Both activities are equally rewarding.
What is your favorite day of the year and why?
Too many of them! can’t really pick one. But I generally like Mondays, I keep thinking there’s a new week and fresh start in it for me.
For more UE interviews go here!
- sakuchan likes this
- wrathofraf likes this
- christeland reblogged this from the-spookley
- the-spookley reblogged this from moth-princess
- circularmythos reblogged this from unknowneditors
- truong817 likes this
- fangie likes this
- rastrophiliopustrocity reblogged this from unknowneditors
- kiekhaket likes this
- styzers likes this
- tryandkeepasecret reblogged this from splittingoceans
- tryandkeepasecret likes this
- angie-lecour likes this
- imaneasylover reblogged this from oh-well
- kiszonychlep likes this
- oh-well reblogged this from unknowneditors
- garza326132 likes this
- iloy likes this
- yellowmilo likes this
- tabulatorio likes this
- sweetanddangerousdreams reblogged this from champagneforcal
- sarunavienatne likes this
- httpwwwfacebookcommarckrd likes this
- psychoticandsugary likes this
- naupom likes this
- toshidashes likes this
- chiligili likes this
- laliebremuerta likes this
- mii701 reblogged this from funkystarfishy
- colormekrazy likes this
- mii701 likes this
- seniijuuu likes this
- bibliophagy likes this
- centoporte reblogged this from unknowneditors
- centoporte likes this
- lalalamelie likes this
- leshasardsheureux likes this
- leshasardsheureux reblogged this from funkystarfishy
- tingchansey reblogged this from fifteen--seconds
- faifauxfox reblogged this from funkystarfishy
- bargeist likes this
- agentsstr likes this
- niinnoh likes this
- theycallmephobia likes this
- drunknfunk likes this
- redforktailedkat reblogged this from funkystarfishy
- paperplanesandtrains likes this
- mgolivieri likes this